Working at the Folly Beach Chair Company
The Folly Beach Chair Company was started in 2008 by Mike and Wendy Ezelle. We were established with the intent of being a responsible corporate citizen and helpful, nurturing member of the Folly Beach community. At our core we strive to operate in a manner that lifts up and serves the community we are a part of.
A lot has happened since our beginnings.
We started with a few umbrellas and a dream. Now, we proudly offer delivery for resort quality beach chairs and umbrellas, beach gear, and wedding services! Our community passions are mirrored in our actions… from becoming Official Stewards of the Beach with Charleston Surfrider Foundation, to organizing multiple charity fundraising events benefitting Folly Beach Community Emergency Fund, Lowcountry Orphan Relief, and the Charleston County Lifesaving Association, and more.
What does an average work day look like?
For our daily crew work, we rise early in the morning to deliver and set up our beach chairs and umbrellas for visitors staying at our main location by the pier and to vacationers around the island. At the end of the day we collect the equipment, clean, and store them away for the next day. At our Pier Location and at our office, we strive to provide unparalleled customer service to all beach goers!
Seasonal Beachfront Customer Service
We offer visitors the very best in customer service as the premier provider of resort quality beach chair and umbrella rentals on the island. We work hard. We have a lot of fun! We only hire the friendliest, hardest working, fun-loving people pleasers.
- You are physically capable of working in typical Lowcountry heat and humid weather conditions
- You are a morning person
- You are healthy and a zest-for-life person
- You have reliable transportation
- You live close to Folly Beach
- You can lift 50lbs+
Beach Service Operations Manager
We offer visitors the very best in customer service as the premier provider of resort quality beach chair and umbrella rentals on the island. We work hard. We have a lot of fun! We only hire the friendliest, hardest working, fun-loving people pleasers. At the Folly Beach Chair Company, expect to be apart of a dedicated team that is always working together. An average day entails early mornings, delivering and setting up beach items, managing operations from the beach, customer service, take down of beach gear, and correctly storing the items back to use the next day. We work on Folly Beach, the right candidate will be able to withstand the South Carolina heat for long hours. As the Beach Service Operations Manager you will be in charge of operations on and off the beach. You will be in charge of overseeing the team and making sure all daily tasks get completed.
Apply if you:
- Have leadership experience
- Are task and goal oriented
- Have an entrepreneurial mindset. (Creation and maintenance of new revenues and ideas)
- Are physically capable of working in typical Lowcountry heat and humid weather conditions
- Are a morning person
- Are a healthy and a zest-for-life person
- Have reliable transportation
- Live close to Folly Beach 9. Can lift 65lbs+
For more information and to apply, click here!
Marketing and Hospitality/Tourism Intern
Looking for a fun and challenging internship that could lead you to a promising career path? Folly Beach Chair Company is looking for one or two part-time interns for the 2022 Spring Semester.
In this internship, students/recent graduates will be expected to use their academic and/or professional experience in Hospitality, Tourism, Marketing, Entrepreneurship. You will be working closely with within our small team. This is a collaborative workspace and we are always open to new ideas and fresh thinkers! Applicants should be pursuing/pursued hospitality and tourism management/marketing/communications/business administration degree or equivalent.
A degree is not necessary for this position.
- You have a positive mindset and can-do attitude
- You can communicate well with people
- You have previous experience or a strong desire to work in sales/marketing
- You are able to work on a few projects at a time
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset
- You take pride and have a sense of ownership with the projects you work on
- You are excited to learn
- You have some experience with the Adobe Creative Suite? WordPress? Social Media?
Apply now by sending a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org!